CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 years ago, at just about this time, tragedy struck



and the rest is history. Each year as this anniversary passes I'm always taken back to where I was when I heard the news on that fateful day.

In an earlier post, I had mentioned attending another college, UNCW, for my freshman year before transferring to ECU. As a freshman, a few of us shared a suite. That morning, being the obedient college student I was I had decided not to go to my 8 am class so I was still asleep when I was awaken by my suitemate screaming hysterically for me to turn on the television. I sat there confused, shocked, and scared as I watch the replays of the planes hitting the towers over and over trying to digest what exactly I was witnessing.

Finally, I decided to get dressed and head to my music class with my friend Kerry who is still to this day one of my very best friends. In fact, of all the girls I shared the dorm with that year I'm still fairly close with three of them even though we only attended college together for that one memorable year.

This whole event still seems very surreal even seven years later. It makes me sad to think of just how many people were touched in a negative way by the events that transpired that day. Many lives were forever changed that day and I pray for each and every one of them as we remember this tragedy. Hopefully, we will never have to witness anything like it ever again.

“Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children. “- President George W. Bush, November 11, 2001

0 comments: