CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Every Morning and Afternoon

On my way to and from the place I like to call work I wish I had my camera and I think about how I need to write this post. Every day. This has been going on for months so I decided today was the day to at least get the post out of the way.

The area we live in is nothing but farm land with houses dropped sporadically here and there and we love it!

The only downfall is when you actually need to go somewhere to get something you must have a plan because there is no such thing as a quick trip to the store. I can't imagine if we had to do that on a horse and buggy like in the old days. Every so often though we even have people "cruise" through our neighborhood on horseback. It's awesome!

Lately, I've come across a few things I really wished I had my camera to capture.

A few weeks ago as I was driving to work I noticed what looked to be a horse the only problem was he looked as if he had gotten out of the fence. I stopped in the road because he was running up and down the fence along side the road taunting the horses still in the fence. The only problem was I was scared he was going to run out in front of me so I stopped on the road which was beside the fence to be sure I didn't harh him. The horse was between my car and the fence and he just sat there and looked at me. He was big and beautiful and seemed to be having quite a fun time harrassing the other horses still stuck in the fence so I left him alone and off to work I went.

Over the weekend, my husband and I were driving in the other direction to the store and it appears the goats have multiplied. There were like 10 little itty bitty goats in the fence. So.freakin.cute! Seriously, I need to drive over just to get a picture.

These are just two of the beautiful pieces of scenery I see on a daily basis. These don't include the rolling farmland perfectly prepared for growing season. It's beautiful each and every day and we love it!

1 comments:

ufheather55 said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous!!! This is EXACTLY like where I grew up. Occasionally the neighbor's horses would get out. That was always interesting. :-) I've seen baby horses being born. Just last weekend when we were there, I had to stop for a peacock to cross the road. Keep on enjoying "the country life" and know that I am jealous! (in a good way) ;-)