This should be a post containing cute Easter pictures of Lauren however it is not.
All of my pictures from the weekend are on my camera. Also, there are not as many as I had hoped. We were super busy along with all of you I am sure.
What this post is about is what Easter looks like through an Amber colored lens.
At church yesterday, the sermon started out with the preacher asking the congregation.....
Do you remember that moment? Sure do. Like it was yesterday. And you now have my undivided attention Pastor.
The post above was written on Good Friday 2009. See where this is all going?
A couple of years ago, I remember my friend Stacy posting about how many of our memories are intertwined with the seasons, smells, etc. Like the smell that face wash you are using which reminds you that it was the same one you used in the hospital after losing your first child. Oh wait, most people don't have to associate smells with losing their first child. Sorry.
This time of year seems to bring back all those memories in great clarity. It was Spring, but to us it was the time of year where we faced a great loss as if it should have been Winter. Only it wasn't.
Back to my point....
So the pastor continues on discussing fear, Galilee, and how God told everyone to meet him at Galilee. All the while, the people are thinking why Galilee? Galilee is just where people work, mingle, and doing mundane every day tasks. Why Galilee?
Because Galilee is our every day life. The place where we sometimes need God to pick us up when we are stumbling. He meets us there.
So many times I have read this on Stacy's blog and only halfway felt like I "got" it. Now I truly "get" it.
All of those times, when those moments come flooding back God has met us there.
On Saturday, as we were driving to meet one of our obligations I read the comment on my last post. Over the weekend, I mulled how to respond to that sweet Mother who has recently lost her daughter.
The only way I can sum it up is that he will meet you there. He meets us all there.
All of my pictures from the weekend are on my camera. Also, there are not as many as I had hoped. We were super busy along with all of you I am sure.
What this post is about is what Easter looks like through an Amber colored lens.
At church yesterday, the sermon started out with the preacher asking the congregation.....
Do you remember that moment? Sure do. Like it was yesterday. And you now have my undivided attention Pastor.
The post above was written on Good Friday 2009. See where this is all going?
A couple of years ago, I remember my friend Stacy posting about how many of our memories are intertwined with the seasons, smells, etc. Like the smell that face wash you are using which reminds you that it was the same one you used in the hospital after losing your first child. Oh wait, most people don't have to associate smells with losing their first child. Sorry.
This time of year seems to bring back all those memories in great clarity. It was Spring, but to us it was the time of year where we faced a great loss as if it should have been Winter. Only it wasn't.
Back to my point....
So the pastor continues on discussing fear, Galilee, and how God told everyone to meet him at Galilee. All the while, the people are thinking why Galilee? Galilee is just where people work, mingle, and doing mundane every day tasks. Why Galilee?
Because Galilee is our every day life. The place where we sometimes need God to pick us up when we are stumbling. He meets us there.
So many times I have read this on Stacy's blog and only halfway felt like I "got" it. Now I truly "get" it.
All of those times, when those moments come flooding back God has met us there.
On Saturday, as we were driving to meet one of our obligations I read the comment on my last post. Over the weekend, I mulled how to respond to that sweet Mother who has recently lost her daughter.
The only way I can sum it up is that he will meet you there. He meets us all there.
0 comments:
Post a Comment