This morning, I have been contemplating the answer to a question for a friend who is submitting a book proposal regarding her journey through loss.
The question she posed was "What should the take away be?" in regards to the book.
As I was coming back in from lunch, I thought to myself that I needed to email her my response.
This picture, just received a few moments ago, illustrates what I was planning on saying to her.
The question she posed was "What should the take away be?" in regards to the book.
As I was coming back in from lunch, I thought to myself that I needed to email her my response.
This picture, just received a few moments ago, illustrates what I was planning on saying to her.
A Lasting LegacyIf I were to look back through my emails to see when I first contacted the Director of the ECU Alumni Association about this scholarship it was probably days after that day.
She was gone but we knew we did not really want her to be gone.
For the last two years she has been here. Not physically but mentally.
For the last two years, we have able to speak her name and share her story while paying it forward to the next generation of doctors, lawyers, resort managers, musicians, occupational therapists, teachers, and the list goes on.
In the future, we will do this many times over.
A Lasting Legacy.
While they may only meet us briefly to receive their scholarship before continuing on their paths of changing the world one student at a time they will always remember.
For that we are grateful.
1 comments:
It is truly a beautiful legacy.
Post a Comment