The next day it was finally time for the rest of our group to hit the slopes. Again, the rest of our group. Not I, said the one who gets scared when going downhill with no brakes. I'm just here for the pictures. Don't mind me.
We all packed up as group to head over to the ski resort. It was just around the corner from our house. Definitely 5 miles or less.
There are no photos on my computer of the weather that day but it was snowing. Hard. Even if I enjoyed skiing, I'm not sure I would have done it in these conditions. This was the day where it wasn't sunny and it wasn't just snowing. It was actually the nastiest weather day we faced. At any point during the day, it was raining, sleeting, and/or snowing. It was actually kind of yucky but hey whatever works right?
Once at the resort, we got everyone who was skiing setup with their rentals then did lunch as a group. Once we were done eating they all headed up to the top of the mountain on the gondolas.
I stayed in the lodge and watched L nap while having a couple of beers. I'm no fool. The wind was blowing and the visibility was near zero. There was no way I was getting in a box and riding up to 10,000 feet especially knowing full well there was no way I was coming down with any pictures worth having.
So I waited. Drank beer. L napped. It was actually pretty glorious.
Upon their return, we parted ways with the guys. They were off to ski/snowboard and the girls were off to town to shop.
We visited every.single.store in the town along with every coffee shop we could find.
Tourists. That was us.
Finally, it was time to head back to our condo to meet up with the guys and discuss dinner plans.
Just before the turn off to get on the road that led to our condo, some other tourists stopped their car abruptly. After saying a few choice words, I realized they must have spotted some wildlife.
I looked off to the right and spotted this guy! Bullwinkle!
My wildlife mission for the trip was almost complete. Now I just needed to locate a bison and I'd be all set to head back home.
We enjoyed a dinner of leftovers along with some relaxing before heading to bed.
One more day in Jackson Hole to come and then it would be time to start our journey back home.

0 comments:
Post a Comment