CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

#14 in the nation...now that is what i'm talking about!!!!


They say a picture is worth a thousand words but I'm fairly certain there have been quite a few more said about this one. Last night we had the privilege of watching our ECU football team knock off the #8 team in the nation, WVU which boosted us to #14 according to this morning's AP Poll.
Watching this game just brings up so many what if scenarios for me. You see, I did not go to ECU straight out of high school but instead began my college career at another school which happens to not have a football team. All of my friends were at ECU going to parties, football games, and classes on the beautiful campus so at the end of the year I made the decision to transfer. In hindsight, this could have turned out to be a very bad idea but over the course of my life and all the decisions I have made this one has turned out to be one of the best. S
As I sat in the stadium last night watching the students rush the field and waiting for my turn to descend the stairs I pondered what if I had never transferred from my prior school where would I be today?
Both schools had made a mark on my life in their own way. When we got married last year my two best friends from my first college as well as my current best friend from ECU stood beside me as bridesmaids. These three women are still a very important part of my life even though we do not see each other as frequently as I wish. Had I not attended my first college I would never have met those two fabulous ladies I am still proud to call friends.
Are you confused yet because you thought this post was about football and now I'm talking about my life story? It's still about football but I can't talk about football without getting into how proud I am to be a PIRATE and how I ended up as a PIRATE!!!
There have been many good times and bad in Pirate history but overall it has been and will continue to be a fun ride. Keep up the hard work Pirates. There is a lot of football left but at the end of the season I hope we are hoisting the conference championship trophy that has eluded us so many times.
Go Pirates!!!!!

0 comments: