CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

What a fabulous (but busy) Wednesday

Yesterday was such a great day! This could be broken up into several posts but I'll spare you all that and make one really long one. Ready...go!

Some of you may or may not know but my grandfather was rushed to UNC about 8 weeks ago. There were quite a few days where we thought he may never make it home. It still makes me want to cry just thinking about this. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Yesterday.....HE CAME HOME!!! I'm going by after work tonight just to see him sitting in his recliner. It really means a lot to me to be able to see this sight again after all he has been through. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers as you know just how much my Papa means to me :)

Also, yesterday after work I headed to Gboro to 1) Drop off my quote at the BB 2) Pick up three of the books on my list that were waiting for me at the library and 3) go to my very first Supper Club. Much to my delight I completed everything on time and Supper Club was a hit.

The three books I picked up were:

Time Traveler's Wife
The Red Tent
The Kite Runners

Tonight I plan on starting one of them although I'm not sure which one. Thoughts?

Last but not least...Supper Club! I've already mentioned how great it was but seriously it was a lot of fun. Dagney was our host this month and she just has the cutest little family and such a great home to use to host these events.

She cooked stuffed pork tenderloin, salad, green beans, and mashed potatoes along with a chocolate cake for dessert. It was all fabulous and that is going to be a lot to live up to when I host in November.

We had lots of good conversation including politics and no one even got heated. This is just reason # 1,443,644 why I love my JL girls.

My only regret is having no pics of anything for like the last week including last night. I'm planning on working on that tonight :( Have a great evening!

0 comments: