CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Expect Nothing, Live Frugally on Surprise"

Tomorrow is a new day. I'm going to try and begin trying to live my life with this quote I found as my guide.

Today has not been a good day but I think it is because I expect things or feel like things are my right as I was reading in another blog yesterday.

I'm going to start being more grateful for all of the things I have that many people are lacking. It is not yet Thanksgiving yet but I want to take this time to remind myself of things things that I'm thankful for each day.

1) Good Health
2) My wonderful Husband
3) My Job
4) My Family
5) The fact that I have a roof over my head and a car that gets me from Point A to Point B
6) My friends of which there are many that support me in many different ways. Some are the pillars I lean on and some are the ones that make me laugh after a bad day. They all play a role in who I am today.
7) Food to eat and water to drink.
8) My puppy, Tonka.


Today has not been a good day by my standards but by many people's standards it has been great. The things that are weighing heavy on my heart don't matter in the grand scheme of things. My life is great. Why can't I just let go of the things in life that don't always go my way?

It's because I expect it all to go my way so for now on I defer to the title of this post as I continue through the twists and turns of life.

1 comments:

this girl runs said...

Thank you for posting this. It is a good reminder that we should be more thankful for all of the good things that we have in our lives. I'm going to make my own list today.