A day we will never forget and the day that my biggest fear came true. I'm not even sure how to write this post but I feel like I need to do it.
On Thursday March 12, 2009 we went to our regular 20 week ultrasound. I was nervous but this was not unusual given my history however we had no reason to think anything was wrong with our little one. The u/s tech came in and did all the measurements and we did not find out the sex of the baby because we wanted to keep it a surprise.
They then sent us to meet with the doctor to go over questions etc. or so we thought. This was the moment that changed our life forever. The doctor started explaining that our child has some form of dwarfism and we need to go visit an MFM doctor at 8 am the next morning. We asked a few questions and left thinking our child would be healthy and just smaller than the average person.
That evening we spent hours scouring the internet thinking we would need to prepare to raise a child with Dwarfism and waiting anxiously for our appointment with the MFM Specialist the next morning. We arrived at the appointment at 7:30 and by 10:30 our life had literally crumbled around us.
Based on many measurements and calculations we now know that our little Megan Grace will not survive once she is born. She may live a few minutes, hours, or possibly days but will likely never come home with us but will instead go to her "forever home" where we wait for us until we meet again one day.
We are truly heartbroken at this point in time and have spent the weekend soul searching to prepare ourselves for the long road ahead.
Garlic herb salmon
1 week ago
14 comments:
I am so sorry to hear this news. I just returned from a trip and was catching up on my blogs, and I am so heartbroken for you and your husband. You will certainly be in my prayers. May God be with you.
Praying for you and sweet baby Megan. Only God knows what the plan is for your beautiful little girl, but He has entrusted you with her and what a blessing that is. Keep praising Him through ALL of this and know that He has His hands wrapped around you tighter than you could ever imagine!
Sending hugs and lots of prayers.
I have not words other then you are in my prayers and I love you dearly! Sending BIG HUGS your way. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I've never been in your shoes and my heart breaks for you!
I have been thinking about you and praying for you all weekend long. I know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers constantly from here on out.
Your road ahead is a difficult one. My heart just breaks for you and your husband. I will continue to keep you, your family and sweet Megan Grace in our prayers.
I am so sorry you are dealing with this, and you know if you need anything to let me know. Thinking of you guys!
You have been in my prayers daily, and will continue to be so. I am here for you whatever you need - just remember that!!!
I am not even sure what to write here, you know that we are all here for you and support you in any way that we can. You, DH and sweet Megan will be in our hearts and minds.
“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
I stumbled upon your blog through another one. Though I do not know you, your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I do not know the extent of Megan's diagnosis, but have a friend that went through something similar. I know there are different forms of dwarfism, and if you are interested, you might check out their blog: http://www.carleyfaith.blogspot.com
I will continue to pray for all of you through this difficult time
I found your blog through Stacy's...
Our baby was diagnosed with dwarfism at our 18 week ultrasound, and we were told she probably wouldn't live. We spent the rest of our pregnancy enjoying her life each day that she was alive, but we didn't set up a nursery or buy baby clothes. We instead planned her funeral, and when I went into labor, drove to the hospital without a carseat in the car.
She wasn't breathing after she was born on Dec 24, but after 2 weeks in the NICU, she came home with no life threatening problems. It's been an incredible journey.
We feel that one purpose of our journey is to give people hope...you can get the worst diagnosis from a doctor, but God can still heal. Will He always answer "yes" to our prayers? No. But He can. He did.
I know 100% what you're going through because it's the same road we traveled. We're still traveling it, as raising a child with dwarfism was never in my plan. I still grieve for the 'normal' that I've lost, while at the same time am so thankful she's alive. It's a strange balance.
Feel free to contact me; I am thankful that I can offer people a few small pearls of wisdom because of the pain I've been through.
~melissa
www.littleriderbaby.blogspot.com
melissa_arbonne@hotmail.com
i am at a loss for words and my eyes are tearing up reading this. i am so sorry about this news but i admire your strength and courage to move forward. as i read through the comments, melissa's story is so very encouraging. i hope and pray that God performs a miracle and allows your baby to live. if that is not His will, i pray that he gives you the strength to go move forward in honor of her memory. *big hugs*
My heart aches for you and your family and I dont have the words to convey to you. Just know that we are here for you. We are praying for a miracle here in Charlotte.
You have been on my mind all weekend. Lots of thoughts and prayers being sent your way. ((hugs))
Thinking of you and praying for you and your sweet Megan.
Post a Comment