Yesterday we met up with a friend of mine at the beach. It was good to see her and the weather could not have been better for our photo shoot.
She is the fabulous photographer who took the photos posted earlier today. She is also a great friend who has faced a lot of loss in her life over the years and continues to rise above it with her wonderful spirit each day.
So many things made our day memorable yesterday but one of them was the most benign of moments when it happened yet I have a feeling it will be a moment I carry with me for years to come.
As she got in the car with me, she handed me a book titled "Losing Malcolm" by a local writer named Carol Henderson. I'm 67 pages into the book and am already looking forward to going home and reading more. This is not what has me captivated. It's the writer story, both in the book and in her life now, that has touched me in a profound way.
This morning I did a simple Google search for her. I'm in awe of what this woman has accomplished. Her book alone I'm sure would have been sufficient but she is much more than that. She has continued to live her life after the loss of her son many years ago and become a very successful writer and coach.
This impresses me because this is the type of person I want people to see as I walk through this now and for years to come. Megan Grace will never be forgotten however I don't want her death to be the end of my life as well.
I want to live now more than ever so she can be proud of her Mommy when we meet again one day in Heaven. I want her to be proud of me for being strong and "making lemonade when life handed me lemons" rather than disappointed because her Mommy was weak and gave up in the face of adversity.
To my friend Megan, my little girl Megan Grace, and Carol Henderson thank you all for touching my life in such a way that it will never be the same!
Garlic herb salmon
1 week ago
4 comments:
I love the pictures! Did she take more? Can't wait to see them.
Thanks for making me cry :) Glad I could help! The rest of the pictures are on the way! Hope you don't mind that I post them on my blog.
The pics are awesome!
MG is going to be so very proud of her mommy and daddy, both now and when you see her again. You are such a wonderful person full of inspiration.
Amber. Megan Grace will be so proud of her amazing, strong, and brave mommy. I know no other person could handle this with the faith and optimism you have. The pictures are beautiful. Kimberly Gentry
Post a Comment