Was just over 2 years and 3 months ago when I married the love of my life March 10, 2007 in one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
My husband wanted a low key wedding so we took a few of our closest friends and family and headed to the beautiful island of St. Thomas.
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from that day!

My husband wanted a low key wedding so we took a few of our closest friends and family and headed to the beautiful island of St. Thomas.
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from that day!
Can you find a better backdrop?
When we were setting up for this picture I thought there was no way it would come out this good. To this day it might be my favorite picture from our wedding day.
This guy was the highlight of the day. A story that is still told by my wedding planner and her husband as well as all of our friends and family.
You see when you are planning a wedding in a tropical location you do not really take into consideration the mating rituals of the local wildlife. Due to this minor oversight we had some additional guests at our ceremony.
It truly is one of those "you had to be there moments" but hysterical none the less. As we were saying our vows I heard one of my bridesmaids crying (think can't catch your breath crying) and thought to myself hmmm maybe I should be crying too?
Little did I know that she had noticed several iguanas lingering in both the trees above her head and the grass in the area around where she was standing. Cue minor oversight number 2: Iguanas are attracted to toenail polish. Wonderful!
These iguanas were just a little too excited about all the pretty ladies with the perfectly polished toes to help themselves and just moments later several of them took off through our wedding cermony.
This of course created chaos with people darting in different directions, laughing, crying, the whole nine yards.
Finally, everything was settled down and we finished off the ceremony but that story is sure to live on for years to come.
Last but not least I leave you with pictures of my beautiful dress which is still hanging in my closet dirty (shame on me I know) and my flowers. They were amazing and truly one of my favorite parts of our wedding day.
6 comments:
Umm, we were married 364 days apart. Im March 11 06. Random!
If it makes you feel any better, we will have been married 8 years this December, I just brought my dress to my house from my parents during Christmas and worst than that, it is still dirty!!! I keep saying I am going to have it cleaned and boxed, but not yet...
The iguana story is hilarious! I love it! And it's cool that you are laid back enough that you found it funny too, instead of letting it ruin your day.
Great! The wedding planner is telling everyone in St. Thomas about me crying hysterically because of the iguanas. I'm mortified! I'm an island legend.
No matter how many times the story is told, no one truly knows how terrified I was that on of those things was going to touch me. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.
LOL Emily! Yes, we do tell that story a lot! It is one of Stu's (the ministers) favorites. I am now picturing that iguana sitting in the tree right now, telling his iguana friends that story and saying, "I was so afraid she was going to touch me!" - lol!
Your dress is beautiful!
Post a Comment