CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 28, 2009

Rockin' It!

The title of this post was derived from the words of a very wise friend of mine in response to me completing this race on Saturday. While most people would not have viewed my time of 1:16 as stellar I happen to be very proud of myself.

It has been over a year since I have run more than 3 miles at any given time. In addition to that, Megan Grace was born just 13 weeks ago today so the fact that I even completed the race puts a smile on my face.

So yea, maybe I did cry due to frustration somewhere around mile 3 or 4 when I was pretty sure I was LAST since my goal was specifically to not finish LAST. Good news. I did not finish LAST.

That would have been horrible.

On another positive note. I'm wearing a pair of PRE PREGNANCY pants today! This totally makes all the hard work worth it although I still have quite a bit of hard work ahead of me.

Thank you to all the wonderful ladies (and gentlemen) who cheered me on during the race Saturday. Each one of you helped keep me going at one time or another and for that I am grateful.

6 comments:

Paige said...

I bet putting those pants on made all the pain of the run worth it!! You go girl!!

Callie said...

Wahoo!!!! You ROCK!! Way to go on finishing the race and not being last. ;) That is always one of my fears too.

Congrats on getting into pre-pg pants too. What an awesome reward.

~Mrs. JMS~ said...

Way to Go!!!! Those pre-pg pants are one killer thing to get back into....bleive me Im STILL trying!

What an awesome accomplishment. Very proud of you!

The E Family said...

That is awesome! You did ROCK it. Great job, not only doing it, but finishing it and not finishing last!

The pre-pregnancy pants are also a great accomplishment that I am still miles away from.

Very proud of and happy for you!

Ashley said...

Way to go Amber! Even if you are a Pirate fan.... :)

For the record, yes Im still gloating.

Mary said...

Good job. Jealous on the pre preggar pants.