For post #200 I bring you a story about an oven. Exciting stuff huh?
Being the fabulous cook that I am (stop laughing) we use the oven and/or stove pretty much every day.
Much to my dismay earlier this week, as I tried to turn the oven on to cook dinner IT DIDN'T WORK.
"Honey, the oven isn't working"
:Cue my loving husband walking into the kitchen with that look of "What exactly do you want me to do?" on his face:
So we fiddle with it. Turning knobs, banging on things, etc. It still DOESN'T WORK.
At this point I'm well aware I'm going to have to spend money to have someone come out and repair our 1.5 year old stove. Not my idea of a good investment but I digress.
Sidenote: My husband doesn't exactly have a talent for fixing things. Him attempting to fix this would either result in more money spent and/or a trip to the ER. Neither of these are a good alternative to your local handy dandy fixit man in my book.
As the person in our household who is also responsible for making all phone calls to get things done I dial up Sears. Their answer:
"Yes, mam we can come out and inspect your 1.5 year old stove which P.S. is out of warranty but that will cost $129 for the visit prior to parts and labor."
No dice.
Lucky me we happen to have a family friend who is an all knowing electrician. Off to calling his people I go. By the end of the evening his people had gotten us an appointment for a repair call the very next day.
While all of this is transpiring I'm furiously chatting with my friend Google to figure out WTH has happened to my stove. At some point I decide I have it all figured out.
The next day I graciously met the repairman at our house so he can work his magic. Once he arrives I give him the details and my .02 about WTH I think has occurred. While I'm telling him this I'm certain he is wishing I would shut up because I'm probably wrong. This would make him a very smart man.
At this point he runs outside to check out the box in the garage and turn off the power to the stove so he can work his magic.
Once back inside he tells me there is power leaving the box. Great. Now our power is running the wrong direction. Wonder how much this is going to cost?
He pulls out the stove. While I'm watching this I'm also thinking "Wow, I could make a new Tonka out of all the hair back there" while also thinking how gross it is and make note to clean it up ASAP.
While I'm alone with my thoughts of dog hair Mr. Fix It Dude informs me. He's found the problem!
I'm thinking he is going to give me some long drawn out explanation that is going to cost me my whole Christmas budget but he's not.
What was wrong with my stove?
IT WAS UNPLUGGED!
The nice man was a saint and he didn't even laugh in my face although I would not have blamed him. He also was very generous and hopefully figured he has a very laughable story to tell his clients for the rest of his life and didn't charge me a dime.
Thank you Mr. Fix It Man!
Garlic herb salmon
1 week ago
1 comments:
LOL, I'm sure you aren't the first person this happened to.
I'm glad your oven is up and running again. I'd be lost if my took a dump.
Post a Comment