Megan Grace's Room! Her own personal shrine if you will. Thanks to many hours of hard work on the parts of many, many people it has all come together beautifully.
This room was supposed to be her nursery. It still is just in a different way. When I'm having a rough time I have a place of comfort thanks to those of you who sent us momentos from the individual cards to the shadow box which houses the outfit she wore the day she was born.
We will treasure this room forever. Not only do we treasure the actual items, we treasure the love for our family that was behind each and every gift we received in honor of Megan Grace.
The cards hang on the blessing rings that were personalized with her initials. There are scrapbooks with the words of so many of you in the form of emails, letters, cards, etc. Paintings, a quilt, books, stuffed animals, a very special quilt, and a candle. The list goes on.......
Who would have ever dreamed that a little girl who graced us with her presence for such a short time would touch so many lives?
For this we say Thank You! Thank you for allowing us to continue Megan Grace's legacy each day as you share her story with others.
Thank you for allowing us to continue her legacy through the Megan Grace Lavinder Scholarship Fund at ECU. Each year as we watch a student be presented with the scholarship in her name we will be proud and know that she is proud of us for keeping her memory alive.
With Love,
Steve, Amber, and Megan Grace
Jalapeño peanut butter quesadilla
2 weeks ago
7 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing- I especially love your shadow box with the little burpclothes and outfits that she wore the day she was born. We kept our daughters nursery the same for a long time- until we were expecting again. The day we had the room repainted we both just broke down. It was much harder than expected. So glad you have a place to go and remember Megan Grace!
I think Megan's wall is a beautiful visual representation of the special place that Megan Grace will always hold in your heart. Thank you for sharing it with us!!
I am so glad you posted her beautiful room. It is perfect and I absolutely love it. I am happy that you have a place to sit and visit.
I absolutely love the card rings. I have so many cards (see blog 2 posts ago) and I was wondering what to do with them
Thank you!
What a pretty room!! Thanks for sharing!
What a wonderful memorial to Megan Grace! I love that you have it all our there for you to see and not packed away.
I nominated you for an award. Go to my blog to see!
So beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment