CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 16, 2010

No Soup For You

Because I'm going to eat it all! I just had to share this recipe. It is from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook that I think my grandmother gave me as I was walking out the door for college.

I don't think I cracked that thing open until a couple of years ago though so I'm still working through it but I've found some good recipes in it as of late.

We made this recipe for my family on Tuesday and I'm making it again tomorrow. Yum!

Here is the recipe:


1-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cubed, or beef stew meat
1 tablespoon cooking oil
4 14-ounce cans beef broth
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 bay leaves
2 cups chopped, peeled tomato (2 large) or one 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
1-1/2 cups cubed, peeled potatoes (2 medium)
1 cup frozen cut green beans
1 cup sliced carrot (2 medium)
1 cup sliced celery (2 stalks)
1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)

Directions

1. In a 6- to 8-quart Dutch oven brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil; drain fat. Return all meat to Dutch oven. Stir in beef broth, oregano, marjoram, pepper, and bay leaves. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Discard bay leaves. If necessary, skim fat .
2. Stir in tomato, corn, potato, green beans, carrot, celery, and onion. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 25 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.

0 comments: