At pretty much this exact time. Last year. On this exact date.
19 weeks 4 days. The Big U/S.
After it was over they had us go into the exam room to meet with the doctor. Proud unsuspecting soon to be parents we had no clue what was about to take place.
Then she said it.
:Your child appears to have shortened limbs." I looked over at Steve while still being totally clueless. He was taking his hat off and taking a deep breath.
He looked so concerned. But why?
Then it hit me. I'm still not sure if she said Dwarfism before or after I realized what was going on.
It was like everything was moving in slow motion.
According to the u/s tech, it appeared to be the functional type of Dwarfism. While we digested what had just been said she ran off to schedule us an appointment for first thing in the morning with the MFM doctors to get a closer look.
We left the office numb. I called my boss hysterical to tell him I wouldn't be in the next day because of what was going on with the baby. We didn't call family at all because we needed more information.
Once we arrived home I think I contacted a few friends who immediately sent me resources regarding Dwarfism and attempted to calm me down.
I remember taking a shower and talking to Steve through the door about all the things our child wouldn't be able to do.
We were devastated.
What we did not know was just how devastated we were about to be.....
To be continued tomorrow.
Garlic herb salmon
1 week ago
3 comments:
I don't have any words just wanted to give you a hug.
No words indeed. I'm so sorry. I know you miss your beautiful little girl. HUGS!!!
Sending my love!
Post a Comment