CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

This Face Does Not Even Fully Convey Her Dislike

We have been a bit slack in getting Lauren started on solids. Part of it has been sheer laziness because it takes time and effort. The other part is that I have not really felt like she was ready.

A couple of weeks ago we tried apples. She got choked to the point it scared me so we waited until today when I decided to try solids once more.

Bananas were on the menu for today. As you can see Lauren was not a fan at all.

We probably got about 10 "bites" in her mouth after which she made a face similar to this each time. Once she realized that we obviously we too stupid to understand that she was not digging the bananas she closed up her mouth all together.

I'm planning on giving bananas a few more days before we move to something else. At this point, my little munchkin seems content to just drink milk her whole life :)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I agree with LL...that was my least favorite thing to feed Alex.

Paige said...

Does she eat rice cereal? I began feeding my little one by mixing the fruit/ vegetable with cereal first. Seemed to make transition easier. Just a thought:)

Susan F said...

Owen was NOT a fan of solids at all, and pretty much skipped baby food altogether. We tried every month starting at 5 months, until around 7 or 8 months we would do puffs or yogurt, little pieces of bread, etc... and that he liked. He still is SO picky. Hope it gets better!

Miche said...

Paige she doesn't eat food period. We try each night but as soon as she sees the spoon the gagging begins :(

We have even tried milk on a spoon. No go.