Last time I ran a 1/2 this blog did not exist. Also, at the time I just kind of said I'm going to run this race and did it.
My training was all done in a group setting so I pretty much just did what the other ladies in the group did to train. It worked well but I think while I may have been physically prepared, mentally I had no idea what to expect.
Over 4 years later, I am more educated on running etc. although I'm far from an expert. I'll leave that to everyone else.
Since I do not plan on this being my last half, I am going to document my training here so I can look back at it next time. Hopefully next time is less than 4 years from now!
My first week of training officially started this past week while I was on vacation. Good timing huh?
I ran with it and got all of my workouts in (sort of). My runs got completed but cross training was a termed I used loosely since we were on vacation.
This was how my week was supposed to look plus how it actually looked:
Monday ~ Calendar: 30-45 minute cross train. Reality: Walking through the water of the sound and attempting to dig for clams.
I told you the cross training was a term I used loosely this week :)
Tuesday ~ Calendar: 2 miles. Reality: 2.8 miles. Good job!
Wednesday ~ Calendar: 2 miles Reality: A busy day of being tourist plus a 50 minute massage. That has to count for something!
Thursday ~ Calendar: 30-45 minute cross train. Reality: Spent the day at the beach. Did spend quite a bit of time in the water jumping waves. Climbed the tallest lighthouse in North America.
Friday ~ Calendar: Rest Reality: 3 miles. Good job!
Saturday: Calendar: 6 miles Reality: 9 hours in the car. Fail.
Sunday: 1-2 miles or Rest. Reality: 5 miles in hot sun at 2pm. My body felt great the entire run but the sun started baking me at mile 5 so I headed home. I'm actually really proud of my run though because it was the middle of the day and I never run during the day.
All in all a pretty good week! The plan was not followed exactly but I felt like I moved my body quite a bit each day as well as completing my runs. Week 1 = Success!
Garlic herb salmon
1 week ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment