CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Miles for Matthew

Next month, I will be running for Matthew. This month, I'm twisting the arms of all my friends and family to get them to join me and run/walk for him as well.


You can read all about him and his family here.


His mom and I are both members of JLG but that is not how his story entered my life. It all goes back to when I was about 16 weeks pregnant with MG on Valentine's Day.


The husband and I attended a benefit dinner to raise money for PPMD, which is the same organization for which the race raises money each year.


We did not know at that dinner that we would go on to lose our first child. His story entered my life again, when I decided to run the 1st Annual Imagine How 10k just 12 weeks after she was born.


Ever since then, I have watched his mom far afar raise money in every way possible that all goes to fund research for her son's condition. It has been amazingly inspiring to watch!


This year my goal is to get as many people as I can to participate with our team so that we can contribute to the cause as well!


So if you are local, then join our team!

0 comments: