CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 8, 2011

1/2 Marathon Training Week 4

With my knee still feeling unstable last week, I decided to take another week off. It was hard! The cool, crisp temperatures were perfect for running and I felt great but my knee did not.


On Saturday, I spent some time in the pool at our niece's birthday party hoping that would help however, the ache was still present.


The good news is that I have been running all year. My training schedule also has some 11 and 12 mile long runs built in so if I have to cut those it is not a huge loss. The last time I trained we maxed out at 10. On race day you just figure out those last 3.1 miles with the adrenaline of race day.


Once I get back on track, I plan on adding some strength training. Lack of strength in my large muscles seems to be the root of the problem right now. Hopefully, if I can strengthen my super awesome thigh muscles then my knee will feel better!


On to week 5!

0 comments: