A couple of weeks off appears to be just what the doctor ordered for my knee. This past week went very well in terms of running.
Early in the week, I decided to go out for a 4 mile run around the neighborhood to test the waters. Some friends and family and I were registered for Miles for Matthew so I needed to see how things felt.
It was a smashing success!
On Saturday, the entire team of 10 of us met up at the race. It was cool and overcast with the threat of rain. Incidentally, I had run this race on a different course just 12 weeks after I had MG. Last year I skipped it due to the fact I was 37 weeks pregnant with L.
Tell me again why I was running a 10k just 12 short weeks post c/s? Crazy. Either way, my time in that race was 1:10 with rumors that the course may have been a tad short so my goal was to beat that time.
And I did! 1:06:05 which is also a PR for me! Coming down the last stretch and seeing that I was going to beat it was the best feeling.
My hard work is paying off!
The focus now truly turns to Savannah. There are a few loooong runs ahead of me that need to go well so I feel confident when morning dawns on November 5th.
Here we go!
0 comments:
Post a Comment