CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Playing Pretend

Once upon a time, I was able to convince some really powerful people that I am important. They clearly should have been aware of this prior to now, however, they were not.


They are now.


See me?!?

This was one of those "bucket list" experiences. The kind where you may or may not come out in one piece, however, if you do it will be totally worth it in the end.



It was totally worth it!

Luckily, none of these guys ran me over or I might not feel the same.




This is not Johnny Depp. You can return to your regularly scheduled programming now.


This is PeeDee the Pirate.




Purple Haze.



2011 Helmets.



A couple of kids enjoying the game.


This is always one of my favorites sights because hopefully these experiences stick with them as they grow. It is one reason we have already started exposing L to ECU football.


She may not attend college at ECU, but hopefully wherever she goes she will enjoy the experience as I did.



Love this picture.



And this feeling!



Ready to Rumble!



Focused.


It was at this point, when I was standing next to the players on the sideline that I realized many of them are 1o years younger than me.


I'm still young compared to many of my friends and family, so it was a thought provoking moment.


These players and cheerleaders surely have their moments, but the reality is that they are more mature than the average 18 year old college student.


Food for thought as I wandered the sidelines on that dreary fall day.


Can't wait to do it again one day!











2 comments:

LauraC said...

AWESOME.
I had to comment bc I've seen that pirate guy before. He does a pirate show at the Cary Spring Daze festival with an entire group. Jon and I were commenting this year (3rd year we've seen him) that it takes serious dedication to keep pirate facial hair and super tan all year.Now I know he has more pirate gigs!

The E Family said...

What an amazing experience. So glad that you were able to do it :)