CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 24, 2011

Training for Savannah. Mission Complete.

With 323.7 miles behind me for the year, I am definitely stronger than I was when I wrote this post. On January 2nd, I did expect to meet those goals, however I have been pleasantly surprised to see what else I have learned along the way.


My last long run before Savannah was yesterday. As I ran, I had many thoughts meandering through my head. After all, I had over 2 hours to think about what I had learned during my time spent training for this race.


The main thing I have learned is that, not only am I stronger now that I was in January, I am also much stronger than I was in 2007 when I ran my first and only 1/2 to date.


I merely survived training and racing that time. This time that has not been the case at all. My runs have been more productive because I understand how my body is going to react most of the time.


Last time, I also trained with a group and truth be told pretty much just did what everyone else did in regards to mileage and fuel.


This time, I trained alone and listened to my body. I took days off or even weeks to let my body recover when needed.



Yesterday, as I pushed through 12 hilly miles I did everything exactly as I plan on doing it in Savannah. I'd examined the course map so I ran with the knowledge that there would be a water station here, a Gu station here, and finally the finish line there.


Mentally and physically I am ready.


Bring on RNR Savannah 2011!

2 comments:

Emily said...

great job, mama! very proud of you and can't wait until savannah! 12 days!

Lisa said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner. Great job with all of the running!