This post must be completed before Lauren turns 17 months in a few days. Or does she actually turn 17 months this month since there are only 29 days and she was born on the 30th? Hmmmmm. These are thoughts I ponder while running on the dreadmill as I just did while she napped.
Maybe I can also get this post up before she wakes up?
This is her 16 month picture. Yep. Fancy. It just so happens to be the only picture of her I haven't posted from the trip so there you go. I took about 7,000 pictures of scenery and wildlife and maybe 10 of people.
What is she doing now? A lot. This kid is busy!
Her two favorite forms of entertainment lately are throwing the ball for Tonka and relocating all of the spices from the spice cabinet. Both of these activities = hilarious laughter.
Throwing the ball for Tonka is self explanatory. Relocating the spices? Not so much.
Our spice cabinet is within her reach and contains nothing of harm, so we continue to allow her to use it as entertainment while we cook each evening.
She opens it up and proceeds to carry each spice container one by one into the living room and sits them on the table before returning for the next one. Rinse, wash, repeat times about 30. For whatever reason, she LOVES this game so we let her do it.
I can't wait to tell her about this when she is older because it is so random.
Her vocabulary continues to grow. In the last week or so she had added "Huh?" and "Stop It!" to her collection.
It seems like each time I speak to her lately she looks at me and goes" huh?" Awesome. I now feel like I'm speaking to a mini version of her father.
"Stop it!" is very new. Not sure how I feel about this one since it has been added to" all through" when I'm changing her diaper. "All through mommy stop it!" Yea....no kid it doesn't work that way.
Other than that she has about 16 teeth and is still only about 2 feet tall. Actually, I think she is 27 inches and 18 or so lbs.
I've been going through her closet pulling out things to sell at the daycare consignment sale. It amazes me the sizes she can still wear at almost 17 months old. 6-9 months clothes still very much fit along with a few pieces that are in even smaller sizes. She is just such a peanut!
Hopefully, in the next little bit I'll pull my camera back out again. Since I packed it up to come home from vacation it hasn't really been used because I feel like we are still catching up. No, I do not need a reminder that Thursday is March 1st and that vacation was a month ago. Denial. I'm there.
Speaking of which it is time for me to go get some stuff done around this house! Until next month......

0 comments:
Post a Comment