CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Beer Run


My running buddy and I goofing off before it was time to line up for the race.  

*Please excuse the cheesetastic smile on my face.*

Overall, this was a really fun race that I plan on doing again next year.

It was a little warmer than anyone imagined it would be for a 5.2 mile race in March.  The high temp reached 78 degrees with a humidity of 78%.  It was warm, humid, and sunny which all combine for a beautiful day as long as you have not planned to run hills at 3pm.

About those hills.  According to Runkeeper, the total elevation gain was 293.  Lots of hills.  Rolling hills, long hills, and every so often a downhill.

And we were off.....

The plan was to run together as long as possible. 

My paces were mess.  The only mile I was really happy with was the first one.  Mile 2 wasn't bad.  Miles 3-4 were when the wheels starting falling off. As the number of hills grew larger and the temperatures climbed so did my paces.

12+ minutes miles.  Where did that come from?!?

Final time was 59:28 for 5.2 miles.  An overall pace of 11:31.  Incidently, this is about 2 seconds per mile slower than my pace at RNR Savannah back in November.  It is also slower than I've been running as of late so I'm blaming this one on the heat and the hills.

All of that aside, I felt like I ran a solid race but it was tough.

Next up...Cooper River!



                   Pace (min/mi)

                10:26

                11:16

                12:07

                12:13

                11:40

                12:09       

1 comments:

melissa said...

you are a rockstar!