CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pigtails and Personality


This little lady is 17 months old!

She is bubbling over with personality.

We can now ask her for a hug and she comes over to give it to us which I just find adorable!  Who cares if all 27 inches of her are hugging my knees.

I'm also loving that she understands when we ask her to do stuff now and DOES IT!  This is awesome.  The word NO is surely right around the corner but for now we are soaking it up.

Lauren, please take out the trash.  Done.  I never knew just how much it would come in handy to have a toddler around to help with household chores.

A word explosion also appears to be on the horizon.  Just today, she spotted a couple walking in our neighborhood and said "who is that" in toddler talk.  I could have misunderstood but this has been happening a lot lately so I think she is actually starting to pick up more words.

The other day when I asked her where Tonka was, she said over there pretty clearly as well while also looking in his direction.

She definitely doesn't say these things all the time but we can really tell her little mind is hard at work.

Right now, her independence is really fun.  I just love being able to have her help do stuff like get herself down the steps and into the car each morning with beside her instead of carrying her.

It will be fun to see what month 18 has in store!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! This is such a fun stage.

Jules said...

cute!!