If you have a really good memory and have been reading this blog for 3+ years, then you know I actually admitted to liking The Climb by Mylie Cyrus at one point.
For the record, I still like that song. It applies to my life both mentally and physically all the time it seems.
This weekend, it was physically.
The Cooper River Bridge Run has been on my "to run" list for a few years now.
On Saturday, I stood in my corral along with my sister-in-law while we endured a 1 hour delay for the start of the race.
It was a little nerve wracking but not too bad. At the end of the day, I still really enjoyed the race.
I'd been told by many that this was a fun race and not a PR race, so I did my best to stick with that thought process.
Around 9:15am (maybe even later), our corral finally crossed the timing mat for the start of the race. I never even turned my Runkeeper app on to see how I was doing but decided to run by how I felt based on the advice I'd received.
I felt great!
Mile one took us up and over the tiny (in comparison) Shem Creek bridge and then down hill all the way to the bottom of this monster.
Mile 2 is at the bottom of this bridge and mile 3 is at the top. A 1 mile climb. It wasn't bad at all. Long but not steep and I just kept on running until I reached the top. It was literally all downhill to the finish from there.
Mile 4.5 is at the bottom of the bridge and from there you run through downtown to the finish.
The crowd support was amazing! I still felt great all the way through the finish which takes me to the Tarheel 10 miler in a good place mentally.
My only complaint was that due to the late start, it did start getting too warm for my preference when it comes to running but being a short(er) race it really didn't play a factor.
Chip time: 1:11:43. I truly arrived at the finish still thinking maybe I had a PR but it wasn't even close. Apparently, cruising past a bunch of walkers makes you feel like you are running fast but nope it was my typical 11:30 minute/mile. Yuck.
On to the next race!

0 comments:
Post a Comment