CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Looking in the rearview mirror and embracing the future

Tonight I want to look back at our life together and take a glimpse into what the future holds. As we sat in our beautiful home together today I thought back into our past and some of the things we have accomplished. Overall, while there have been a few bumps in the road it has been a fun journey.

2007~ Our fabulous wedding in St. Thomas and by far one of the best days of both our lives. We could not have asked for a better day with our friends and family who made the trip down to share this special moment with us. As I write this is it almost the end of January which means our 2nd wedding anniversary is coming up quickly. It seems like it was just yesterday we were on the beautiful island of St. Thomas with our feet in the sand.


2008~ On March 1st, 2008 our first child was born. He has four legs, fur, and a tail but we love him all the same. Today Tonka is a healthy 70 pounds and as spoiled as can be and we wouldn't have it any other way.








In 2008, we also moved into our wonderful home. We still have a list a mile long of things we want to do here and there but all in all I'm proud to call it home. In the summer I don't think we ever actually eat inside because the view from our deck is like being on vacation in the mountains. We love everything about it!!





2009~ So, the question is what will 2009 bring our family? Well, for starters it looks like our first two legged addition will be arriving in August :) We are 100% over the moon about this although we haven't asked Tonka how he feels just yet. I'm sure he will be excited as well and we can't wait to see our child grow up around our loving dog child.


The sex, name, and all that jazz will be a surprise to us all in August so stay tuned! Until then I leave you with one of Baby L's first pictures. Apparently, the little one isn't much for posing because I'm pretty sure it was asleep during our u/s today.




So, in review and looking forward everything seems to be falling into place in our little life and I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just so happy for you Amber!!! You and Steve are just so wonderful ....I guess Steve won't enjoy the Circuit City liquidation with Baby L arriving. lol!