So yea I feel like I'm just waking up from a deep sleep because things have been so crazy busy at our house but I'm baaaaack!
Let's see if I can recap. Just after Thanksgiving we went into "prepare for Christmas" mode. I'm usually the one who is done shopping before Thanksgiving but this year I was still shopping on Christmas Eve. Oh dear :( We got it done though and Christmas was a blast.
We did Christmas Eve with my grandparents, dad, stepmom, and my great grandmother who is about to turn 96 years young. The menu consisted of prime rib, green beans, and twice baked potatoes. It was gooood! I'm so blessed to still have my grandparents and my great grandmother in my life. We also gave my great grandma her gift which was a Walmart gift card. She doesn't really need anything except health and beauty stuff and the family goes out shopping for her so we figured she could use it as needed.
The next morning we returned to their house for gifts with the same people minus my great grandma and including my sister. It was fun and as always everyone was waaaay to generous. Steve and I got tons of stuff from china for me to fun yard stuff for him like a rain gauge and a bird feeder. I've put my china away in the cabinet and my set is now complete except for a few accent plates and it only took nearly two years of being married to get it done (with lots of help).
After my grandparents house on Christmas morning it was off to Holly Springs for Lavinder family Christmas. It was really fun watching the kids open their presents. There were elmo guitars to be played and chainsaws worn out. We stayed the night and then headed home late the next day. We are both really excited about doing it next year ;)
Finally, we came home because Steve had invited some friends in from out of town for an oyster roast so there was no after Christmas relaxing to be had for us just more food, family, and friends. This is where things get interesting. The first night they were here I woke up at 12:30 sick as a dog. Yep, the stomach virus. Not exactly fun considering the other circumstances so I called my on call doc and he called in Phenegran. OH.MY.GOD. That is the best stuff on earth and I was pretty much able to enjoy the rest of the weekend after a really looong nap.
And I'm very sad to say I took like zero pics of all of this. So unlike me but seriously between being sick and just feeling like it all flew by it was nuts.
Garlic herb salmon
1 week ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment