12 hours out and back but off to Memphis and the Liberty Bowl we went. It was a fun trip overall even though our Pirates failed to close the deal and bring home the Liberty Bowl trophy. We lost to Kentucky 25-16. First half...fun. Second half...nightmare.
On the way out we stopped in Knoxville for a quick visit to UT's campus where we very sneakily broke into the UT stadium to catch a glimpse. Ok, so maybe the fence was unlocked but who knew?
We then stopped in Nashville but those pics on are Ashlee's camera. We did what I like to call "drive bys" of all the big tourist attractions such as Opryland Hotel, The Grand Ole Opry, LP Stadium, and Broadway. We would stop outside and take pics because everything and I mean everything on our trip was $25.
Then it was on to Memphis, TN or Arkansas since that is where we stayed. We also visited Mississippi while we were there but lo and behold Mississippi doesn't have a welcome to Mississippi sign. Oh well!
Below are just a few of the pics from the trip. I wish I had taken more but once again we were busy and it just flew by.
The ECU band playing before the game at the Liberty Bowl.
This one is pretty self explanatory
Pirates in the street
Elvis's footprints ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment