CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

22 Weeks (with a trip to Labor & Delivery on the side)

How far along? 22 weeks!

Total weight gain/loss: At my last appointment I was up a total of 7 pounds.

Maternity clothes? Pretty much. It is still strange though how some days I feel rather large and others not so much. Today is one of my not so much days and I'm actually wearing some of my bigger regular clothes.

Stretch marks? There are some but not on my belly thankfully :)

Sleep: Not going so well. Between my mind racing with a million different thoughts and the newly acquired back pain it is a bit of a struggle. I'm going to look into getting one of those pregnancy pillows because right now it doesn't matter how I lay it hurts :(

Best moment this week: Hearing her heartbeat while in L&D yesterday. Even though we know she technically isn't doing "just fine" it was good to know she is still hanging out in there.

Movement: Had I filled this out yesterday morning the answer would have been no which is why we ended up in L&D getting checked out. On the way to church I fed her chocolate milk and a donut hoping she would get moving but no such luck. On the way home, I called to see who was on call and it was my doctor actually so I called her to see what she thought. She agreed we should come in although we both felt most likely everything was fine which she was. Last night, she was wide awake and moving tons. Maybe she just wanted to check out the hospital!

Gender: Our little girl, Megan Grace.

Labor Signs: No, thank God.

Belly Button in or out? Still in

What I miss: Getting a decent night of sleep and not waking up in pain.

What I am looking forward to: Feeling her move more frequently so I can avoid any additional "scares"

Weekly Wisdom: Eat ice cream. It gets the baby moving and it's full of calcium. At least that is what my friends tell me :)

Milestones: Our first trip to L&D. Haha, everyone has to have a quick trip over there once in a while to resolve all those crazy pregnant woman fears.

2 comments:

Susan D. said...

Oh, L&D is no fun to be when you don't want to be there. We ended up there on New Year's Eve during my pregnancy. And, just say yes to ice cream. I think I ate some nearly every day and enjoyed every bite! : )

Ashley said...

Yeah I second ice cream...the best was vanilla w/ tons of magic shell!