CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

So thankful for great friends

No matter where they came from :)

Last night I went to dinner with a few friends at Panera. Honestly, I was not sure how difficult it would be considering they all have at least one kid, while some are pregnant with #2, and one of them has a brand new beautiful baby girl.

Needless to say a lot of people in my situation would have skipped this one but I just could not do it. These are ladies I've "known" for years and who have supported me through our difficult journey to have a child of our own in addition to just being friends in general.

Overall, it was a great evening out and I actually had a good time. We laughed a lot and cried none. Yep, I made it through without crying even when they gave me the beautiful necklace in honor of Megan. It has a little pink charm and another charm with two little footprints on it. I love it! This morning I was thinking of taking it to an engraving store and having her initials put on the back.

The evening also brought to light a few other interesting observations on my part. Last night everyone acted normal which in turn helped me not feel awkard. This is something I've been saying since my miscarriage in September 2007. There are some people in our lives who have always acted uncomfortable, awkward, etc. around us for whatever reason and it makes it more difficult for us because then we do not know how to act. Last night I was able to see clearly that if others act normal it makes it a lot easier on me than the when the opposite occurs.

Finally, I did hold the brand new 8 week old baby and it did not make me sad at all. It made me feel very happy and hopeful. She is beautiful and so tiny. It made me wonder how Megan Grace is going to look when she arrives. Also, I marveled at what a miracle little babies are and felt very hopeful that one day if Megan Grace does in fact go to be with God we will have another little one of our own. This makes me smile :)

Thank you ladies for being there last night. It truly could not have gone better and I really appreciate all that you do. Love ya!

Amber

3 comments:

~Mrs. JMS~ said...

Amber I am so glad you had a great time and you felt comfy around us bc we certainly felt that way around you! You are so strong....your faith continues to amaze me. Im so glad you liked the necklace, we want to do so much more but wanted to share this as well.

Keep on smiling sweetie.....there are bright stars in your future....I know this for sure. I cried a little on the way home i will admit but only bc of how proud I am to be part of your journey and thanked God that he led you to be embraced and loved by us. Big hugs!

ufheather55 said...

That's awesome...I know exactly where you are coming from about having "comfortable friends." That's such a good way to put it. Take a pic of the necklace when you can!

unc00ref said...

I just bawled. I was so hopeful that Caroline wouldn't be a source of pain & uncomfortableness for you - but I really wanted to be there with you.

You are such an amazing strong woman! Hugs.