CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

This morning I'm smiling

Up until today the mornings have been the hardest part of the day for me until early afternoon. Yesterday morning though it was like a switch was flipped and I went from looking at the negative side of the situation to thinking about positive.

The diagnosis yesterday morning had not changed it was my attitude and mood that changed. Once I arrived at work I started thinking about the fact the God does work miracles and that they could be off on their diagnosis of Megan. There is no doubt something isn't "normal" but maybe it isn't as bad as they think. Due to this I started working on getting a second opinion from Duke in regards to our little girl. I've also contacted a specialist we were working with prior to getting pregnant with Megan to see who they might recommend because I value his opinion.

Yesterday afternoon we headed to my regular OB to sit down and go over any questions that we had and to see what she had to say. This is where things get interesting. Prior to going to the appointment yesterday I found this article:

http://www.benotafraid.net/story.asp?id=148

This story is almost word for word how Thursday and Friday unfolded for us last week down to the very diagnosis of a lethal skeletal dysplasia.

So, as we sit down at our appointment yesterday the doctor informed us that our case is now one of a few included in a monthly committee meeting of many doctors and specialists. They have met since our diagnosis on Friday and she said they honestly do not know what is wrong. The answer right now is literally that only time will tell. Based on what they saw Friday they don't expect her to make it but the cards are all still on table and there is time for a miracle to happen.

We are in limbo so I've decided for the next month until our next group of appointments including an echocardiogram to check out her heart in more detail to be positive and pray that God will heal her.

Some other things made me smile this morning. As Megan and I were sitting in the drive thru of CFA I was thinking about my letter to her yesterday. In that letter I noted how it made me sad how she would never be able to attend the ECU games with us and then I realized she has been to one. Just one. She was with me at the Liberty Bowl this year and what a trooper she was. I was only 10 weeks pregnant and we hung out on Beale St. in the cold New Year's Eve weather. It made me smile to think that she was with me for that experience.

The other thing that made me smile besides the fact that it is shaping up to be another beautiful day was the new Miley Cyrus song called The Climb. It spoke to me and gave me hope as I was listening to the words. I'm sure I will be listening to that song time and time again even though I'm pretty sure I thought I'd never say that about a Miley Cyrus song :)

Sorry this got so long. I guess I had a lot to say!

4 comments:

Sarah and Travis said...

Amber, Megan is a miracle. I will continue to pray for her and your family!

Stacy D said...

Our God is a God of miracles... and whether He heals your sweet Megan on this side of Heaven or in Heaven, you can be sure that she will ultimately be okay. I will be praying, though, that God does heal her on this side of Heaven, and that you will be able to enjoy many, many years with her.

I LOVE IT that you are writing her letters...

~ Stacy

melissa said...

I love Owen's story, too. I loved the message of hope it brought when we were told our baby wouldn't live.

Keep praying for a miracle, because God can so more than we ever imagine is possible!

Praying with you...

~melissa

Suz said...

I love your letters. So sweet!
I love that article about Owen. Praying hard for a miracle for Megan Grace!