As I've said before in this blog I love to read. My husband thinks I'm nuts because I could literally spend hours in the library or any bookstore.
Ever since I was small it has been one of my favorite things. It is something I've always hoped to pass down to my children hence the reason that I even read to Megan Grace fairly regularly. You can never read too many books and you can never read all the books that have been written. So much to read and learn!!
In a previous post, I had mentioned the book Losing Malcolm. I'm done with it and it was a great book written by a mother who lost her child and her journey through grief. I'll be posting a full review in the future so be on the lookout for that post.
The reason for today's post surrounding books is to bring your attention to another book that has been shared with me a couple of times now. Our genetic counselor in Baltimore originally shared it with us but just yesterday a friend told me she read it while in Jamaica (yes, you can hate her) and said it was really good.
The book is called Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult. Based on what I've read and been told the main character has OI Type III which is the same condition Megan Grace has only hers is very clearly more severe.
My reason for sharing this information with you is 1) She is a very good writer 2) This book may help you understand more clearly what we are dealing with if you are curious and want to read a good book at the same time.
The friend who read it commented on my blog post a few posts back about balance and I've talked to her since she commented. It seems it really helped her see the situation through our eyes in a way.
I'm looking forward to reading the book and thought I would pass it along. Along the same lines, I've also reserved Resilience by Elizabeth Edwards and hope to read it soon as well. She has been through a lot and is still trudging through so I'm interested to see things from her perspective.
Have a great week!
Garlic herb salmon
1 week ago
3 comments:
"Elizabeth Edwards?" said the Republican. I kid. :)
No I too want to read her book.
Another book I want to read is The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch...Ill let you know how it is.
Ahhh -- and yes Jamaica, and I read the whole time I was there...what is wrong with me? I love to read and dont get to read as much as I would like to anymore.
I read the book a couple of months ago and once I heard Megan's diagnosis I'd been wondering if you'd read Handle With Care. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
the last lecture is a fantastic read!
Post a Comment