Thank you for the sweet Mother's Day card you and Daddy gave to me yesterday! We enjoyed a wonderful day together and I'm glad we got to spend it with you this year during your short time with us.
The morning started off with Daddy giving me the card from the two of you after I had eaten breakfast. Then we all headed to the Mother's Day service at church. It was a very good and you even kicked a little so you must have enjoyed it as well.
The preacher discussed many things surrounding motherhood however there was one item that really made me think. He discussed making sure all Mom's show their children Faith not just by taking them to church on a regular basis but actually in practice each day.
This really hit home for me because each day that I wake up and go about my day I'm exhibiting my Faith for the plan God has in store for you. We do not know why he has chosen us to be your parents or why he wants to call you home shortly after you are born but we trust in His plan and that comforts us each day.
The pastor also talked about this in context of showing strength and grace vs. weakness and fear to our children. Before he ever got to the point of this portion of his sermon I knew where it was going because it is a topic I've thought about a lot since we have known about your condition.
For me personally (your Mom), it feels like I'm letting you down when I let my fear and weakness show because that means I'm straying from believing His plan for you. We never imagined we would be giving you back to God however he has a plan and we can't let our own selfish emotions get in the way of focusing on that for too long. The only way for us to "make sense" of the situation is to keep our focus on the big picture which is the plans he has for our family including you and that comforts me each day.
After church we headed home to pick up your big brother Tonka before going to another town to visit with family and eat some good food. It was a beautiful afternoon and everyone was glad to see us.
You are so loved Megan Grace and everyone is going to be sad to see you go to Heaven but please know we will never forget you. Once you get to Heaven you will be forever healed and all those little broken bones will be fixed. What a wonderful feeling!
Next Mother's Day will be bittersweet but we really enjoyed having you here with us yesterday. Thank you for coming into our life even for this short while because you have truly left a mark forever.
Love you,
Mommy, Daddy, and your big brother Tonka
Garlic herb salmon
1 week ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment