CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Saying Goodbye To Another Wonderful Year of Junior League

*Note to self: Lose the four extra chins*






And what a wonderful year it was!

Ladies, thank you all for another great year! Last night, as I was sitting at the dinner listening to all of the speakers my mind wandered as I gazed around the room. It simply amazes me each time I'm surrounding by my fellow JLG peers because never in my life have I ever been in the presence of so many other accomplished, intelligent, and beautiful women as the group we have in Greensboro.

It is such a wonderful feeling and it has always been more than my mind can fathom. My husband has been the recipient of numerous calls from me while on the way home from meetings where I'm just gushing about how grateful I am to be a part of such a special organization and I thank you all for that.

Last night as said my goodbyes I got a little teary. I'm going to miss you all over the course of our break but I'm already looking forward to next year. I'm certain that next year is going to be my best year in the league yet and I'm glad I'll be there to share it with all of you wonderful women.

The reason I'm looking forward to next year with such enthusiasm is because I'm not only working on the Signature Project (The JLG Autism Project) but the Chairperson of that project was last nights recipient of the Kathleen Price Bryan Award.

I have no doubt at first things may be hard because the next JL year starts shortly after Megan Grace is supposed to arrive however I'm comforted knowing I'll be in the midst of a very supportive group of women. On top of that, I find it very ironic that when I entered my placement requests for next year it was either a few days or weeks before we found out about Megan's condition. My top two picks were The Autism Project or The Family Support Network (which is setup to assist families with babies in NICU).

God was there every step of the way and he knew what the path ahead looked like before I ever dreamed I'd be going down it. Despite the news we received I'm welcoming this project with open arms. Last night I addressed this very issue and my response was "I'm excited about the project even more now than I was before because I feel like I can offer a unique perspective to the group" and I meant every word.

Being part of such a great group of women and working on such a worthwhile project next year makes me proud to be Megan Grace's Mommy each and every day. Thank you for being the fabulous women that you are and I hope to see you all again very soon :)

0 comments: