So 8 weeks have come and gone and we are still standing. The last two weeks have been difficult for me due to various factors. This past weekend just seemed to add fuel to the fire.
Over the last two weeks since I have returned to work the rollercoaster seems to have fallen into a pattern of more twist and turns than normal. Hopefully soon it will smooth out again if only for a little while.
Megan Grace's room still is not painted which means her stuff is just sitting in there waiting for me to do something with it. This weekend my goal is to paint it and put her stuff on the wall so I can look at it all whenever I feel like being near her.

Over this past weekend I stumbled upon two stories of little ones going to be with Megan Grace in Heaven and my heart just aches for those families. One of them was a triplet born just over a day before Megan Grace who has now left her siblings and family behind. So heartbreaking.

On the flip side, some neighbors of ours whom we do not actually know had their twins this weekend. As I drove by, they were putting the ribbons on the mailbox and it literally took my breath away. I'm very happy for them but for that is the problem with the rollercoaster you do not see the drops coming and they catch you off guard. The only thing you can do at that point is pick yourself up and dust yourself off so you can continue moving forward.

On a happier note, one of Steve's aunts and uncles stopped by last night totally randomly and it was so great to see them! We talked about a variety of topics including Megan Grace. They even made the mistake of asking to see pictures of MG so off I went to grab her scrapbooks along with many of the other things that have been done for her. It was very refreshing to have a surprise visit from such wonderful people! 
On another happier note. The flowers above were sent by my friend Stacy who lost her dear son Isaac last year. This past weekend they held a golf tournament in his honor and raised $6,000 for the Perinatal Loss Unit at the hospital where she delivered. What a wonderful outcome in honor of such a sweet little boy!

This post is not to say there have not been bright spots over the last two weeks because there definitely have been such as our day on the lake with friends a couple of weeks ago.

There will be bright spots in the future too especially since football season begins in less than two weeks. Go Pirates! We are looking forward to it even though it will also be bittersweet. I was so looking forward to taking my very tiny baby to the football games this year despite the naysayers who tried to tell me it wouldn't happen. We love ECU and football and we were going to make sure our child did too as soon as they arrived in this world.

There are races in my future too. Through them all I will carry Megan Grace with me because it was through her life that I learned just how strong I really am both physically and mentally. For that I am grateful.

These are all images of some of the flowers we received from friends and family in the days following her birth. Many of them are still alive and I'm trying my best to keep them that way. The flowers that would have died we tried to preserve with the help of Steve's sister in law.
Over this past weekend I stumbled upon two stories of little ones going to be with Megan Grace in Heaven and my heart just aches for those families. One of them was a triplet born just over a day before Megan Grace who has now left her siblings and family behind. So heartbreaking.
On the flip side, some neighbors of ours whom we do not actually know had their twins this weekend. As I drove by, they were putting the ribbons on the mailbox and it literally took my breath away. I'm very happy for them but for that is the problem with the rollercoaster you do not see the drops coming and they catch you off guard. The only thing you can do at that point is pick yourself up and dust yourself off so you can continue moving forward.
On a happier note, one of Steve's aunts and uncles stopped by last night totally randomly and it was so great to see them! We talked about a variety of topics including Megan Grace. They even made the mistake of asking to see pictures of MG so off I went to grab her scrapbooks along with many of the other things that have been done for her. It was very refreshing to have a surprise visit from such wonderful people!
(Sidenote: Ignore the photo album with no picture in the front. It's on my eternally long "to do" list)
On another happier note. The flowers above were sent by my friend Stacy who lost her dear son Isaac last year. This past weekend they held a golf tournament in his honor and raised $6,000 for the Perinatal Loss Unit at the hospital where she delivered. What a wonderful outcome in honor of such a sweet little boy!
This post is not to say there have not been bright spots over the last two weeks because there definitely have been such as our day on the lake with friends a couple of weeks ago.
There will be bright spots in the future too especially since football season begins in less than two weeks. Go Pirates! We are looking forward to it even though it will also be bittersweet. I was so looking forward to taking my very tiny baby to the football games this year despite the naysayers who tried to tell me it wouldn't happen. We love ECU and football and we were going to make sure our child did too as soon as they arrived in this world.
There are races in my future too. Through them all I will carry Megan Grace with me because it was through her life that I learned just how strong I really am both physically and mentally. For that I am grateful.
These are all images of some of the flowers we received from friends and family in the days following her birth. Many of them are still alive and I'm trying my best to keep them that way. The flowers that would have died we tried to preserve with the help of Steve's sister in law.
She made this wonderful idea come to life and once they were dry she helped me arrange them into smaller bouquets to display throughout my house as small reminders of Megan Grace.
5 comments:
Those are beautiful flowers and very beautiful pictures! Aunt Emily loves doing things for Megan. She's my very special angel! Love ya!
What an awesome post....big hugs honey. I cant wait to give you those big hugs next week!
You got some beautiful flowers! I enjoyed the post. :-)
I love the pictures of all the flowers. Such a great walk through Megan's garden. Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful flowers! And I love the idea of drying some of the cut flowers to make smaller keepsake bouquets.
Post a Comment