CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Couch to 5K Week 1 Day 1

As the saying goes you have to start somewhere so this is the beginning for me. My first few attempts at getting back into running without any sort of plan left much to be desired so I decided to start at square one and work my way back up.

My main reason for this is in addition to the 8k I posted about training to run earlier I've now added two more races to the list of possibilities. One of them is being run to raise money for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. One of our JL members has a son that has been diagnosed with this fatal genetic disorder and they are trying to raise money to find a cure in hopes that no other children ever have to suffer. The other I'm going to run with a friend.

I'm also going to order this book so that Steve and I can improve our diets to support our fitness goals.

All in all, I'm very optimistic and excited about getting back in shape and losing this weight. My first night of C25K was difficult at first but it ended up being very rewarding.

Stats:

Calories Burned: 301
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Distance: 2 Miles

I'm looking forward to Day 2!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

That's awesome!

I started over with C25K too so I could help build my ankle strength.

I'm up to week 5 now and I fee great!

Keep it up!

Paige said...

You go girl!! And such a great cause, I had a little boy in my class last year with DMD and I know they are making progress in the research!!