CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 10, 2009

Lots of Things

There are lots of thoughts swirling around in my head but since none of them are really lending themselves to a well thought out blog post I'll do bullet points for now:

  • I'm back at work as of this past Friday. So far, so good. It is good to have a job to come back to with so many others out of work. For this I am thankful!
  • This past weekend I hung out at the pool with some family and had a great time! Pictures to come :)
  • Yesterday I shopped for clothes and ended up in tears. There are 20 pounds still attached to me that do not appear to be going away in the near future :(
  • Football season is just around the corner. Go Pirates!
  • The new Junior League year is also upon us. My placement this year is very exciting. More about that to come also :)

Soon I will be back to my regularly scheduled blogging as my life returns to "normal". Writing is something I love to do I just have not had the time to sit down and put thoughts together. In the meantime, if you are reading my blog let's play a game my friend Stacy recently played.

Leave a comment telling me:

1) How you found my blog?

2) A question you have for me.

3) Your favorite nutritious recipe or weight loss secret

In a few days I will answer the questions you have asked :) How's that for fun since my blog has been rather lame lately?

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Okay, so I am going to play....yes I should be feeding the dogs, sweeping up dog hair, watering my plants or bathing kids but I would rather respond to you.....By the way, I am so thrilled you are back to work. I hope the days go well and the weight...well I am not one to offer weight loss advice, AHEM...

1)I really am not sure how I found your blog. I think it was when you had posted on FB maybe about the site your friends in CL had set up for Megan Grace.

2)My question...You often speak highly of CL (Charity League). I know what the group gets from you as a member but what do you feel you gain from being a member of Charity League? And also, whencan we all get together for a dinner date? HA!

3) Like I said before, I am not one to offer weight loss secrets or advice but I have an amazing recipe for BBQ chicken:
Use 2 cups Pace Picate sauce (or any salsa really)
Add 3 tablespoons brown Splenda, 2 teaspoons of yellow mustard. Mix above three ingredients well, spread of chicken breast or strips, can bake in oven at 350 or grill. Makes a fabulous low sodium low calorie dinner.

Joanna said...

I'll play! I'm glad you're doing well back at work. I think about you often and wonder how you guys are doing.

1) I think I found your blog because you posted a comment on mine. I'm really not sure, but I'm glad I did.

2)I have a few. Where did you grow up/are you from? How did you guys meet? What was your major at ECU.

3) I don't really have a healthy recipe to give. I get frustrated counting calories and trying to cook "light" and when I do I feel like we don't eat very balanced meals. My biggest rules when cooking though are first, have a fruit and vegetable with every meal, or if you're having only veggies make sure there are two of them and they are different colors because different colors provide different vitamins. Second, everything in moderation. There isn't anything I deny myself and I cook with real butter (gasp!), but I try to make sure that my diet has a little bit of every food group in it. Though I have to admit that sometimes I go overboard on sweets because I love them so much. We can't all be perfect, right?

Stacy D said...

1)I think I found your blog through YOU :)

2) How have people at work responded to you and your loss of Meghan Grace since you have been back?

3)E-mail me about this. Spencer was a personal trainer for years and competing in bodybuilding... we have lots of good weight loss, exercise, healthy recipe tricks up our sleaves :)

Ashley said...

1. Oh the interwebs - and what a tangled web they weave.

2. Favorite place to vacation and what fond memories does that place hold for you?

3. You know how I lost my pp weight - soup for lunch.

melissa said...

I found you through Stacy.

I can't think of a question, especially since you already wrote the blog post response to this and shared a lot about yourself.

As far as nutrition...One habit that I started lately was to have our fruit/vegetable course ready and out while I'm finishing cooking the meal. That way we (but mostly me!) can munch on something healthy while I'm cooking, plus we're fuller when it's time for the main meal. Then we don't eat as much. I think it's something we'll keep up when we have older kids, cuz you know how they can be so pesky about when the food will be ready!