
Today is the day Megan Grace was supposed to make her grand appearance. Instead, tomorrow marks five weeks since we held her here on Earth.
It is odd to think that I could still be carrying her. Time also seems to feel different for us. Each week we have said that all of this seems like it happened a really long time ago.
No matter what we both know she is healthy and whole in Heaven and watching over us each day. Normally, I'm not one to walk around looking for "signs" from her but while we were at the beach we got one we could not ignore.
The two of us had waded out into the surf about knee deep because that was about as far as I could go at that point after my c section when we both spotted something in the water. My first thought was that it was money and I'm not sure what Steve thought it was but he waded over and picked it up.
It was a bookmark and on the side that was floating face up it said:
"Make yourself familiar with angels, and behold them frequently in spirit;
for without being seen, they are present with you." ~St. Francis de Sales
It was comforting because I had been having issues reconciling Megan Grace present here with us versus Megan Grace present with us for the rest of our lives just in spirit instead of body. I'm comforted now knowing she is a beautiful little angel on that special day at the beach she just wanted to say hello :)
We love you Megan Grace!
9 comments:
Thinking of you and holding you close in prayer.
What a wonderful sign to get at the beach! I am glad that it has brought you some comfort. You, Steve & Megan Grace continue to be in my thoughts!
That brought tears to my eyes! What a sweet gift.
How wonderful to be comforted in that way by your sweet angel
What a wonderful "sign". She truly is an angel. Hugs and continued prayers for you and Steve.
I know how hard your due date is, as well as the days leading up to it, realizing that you could still be pregnant. Praying for you...
- Stacy
What an amazing moment! Hugs and prayers your way.....you are still in my thoughts daily.
Good luck tomorrow. I pray that you make it through the transition tomorrow. You know where to find me if you need me. {{{HUGS}}}
There are times in my life that God has seen my need for some kind of confirmation/hope...and He would do something special just as you described. There is so much we don't understand but if we could only know He loves us and is always there. I just smiled when I read this..."Oh no, He never let's go through the calm and through the storm..."
Still praying for and thinking about you all.
**I never have seen a bookmark in the ocean and what are the odds of that very saying being on it. You just have to smile...
Post a Comment