Lately it seems the recent past has been coming back to me in this fashion. Usually it happens while I am driving.
These "slivers of time" are almost like flashbacks but they feel different for some reason.
A memory will come to me but it will be just a small piece of that time. Later on ,I can never remember what exactly it was that came to me at that moment. It is so comforting yet strange at the same time because they come and quickly go.
Maybe it is because if I think about all we have endured for the last almost 7 months since we found out Megan Grace was sick it would just be too much to relive it all at once?
For the last two weeks it has happened while en route to my group therapy sessions which in turn caused me to miss my exit and continue driving until I stepped out of my thoughts. When it happened the first time I almost came unglued because it shook me to the core to think I was so lost in my thoughts I had not even been paying attention to where I was going at the time.
It scared me. Then it happened again. It has been discussed at therapy and apparently it is normal for people when they are on this side of a life changing event. Add another thing to the list I have never done before in my life.
Sidenote : Round 2 of therapy is going well. It has not really been discussed on here but I am happy to say that I am continuing to wade through the grief day by day. It really is a process. One of those wonderful one step forward two steps back processes some days. I'm confident that in time it will not feel so much like I am trying to swim through quicksand. Thanks for all your support!
Garlic herb salmon
1 week ago
1 comments:
I don't drive so that has not happened to me in that way. But, I do walk home from the train station sometimes and one day I was in deep thought of Lukas and walked right passed it.
Post a Comment