From my very unromantic husband :) He brought these home for me on Friday as a surprise. We normally don't give each other gifts (yes, we are strange) but this one was very welcome.
His parents came into town Friday for dinner and we were hoping to get into Village Tavern but no such luck with no reservations and a wait of 1:45. Had they asked me in advance we would have had reservations :) I called Bonefish from the parking lot to see if we could get in there because I have been dying for Bang Bang Shrimp but the very polite hostess told me the wait was going to be a cool 110 minutes. Sooo, we ended up at Chophouse. It wasn't bad but really doesn't fall into the category of Amber's favorite restaurants. Oh well!
Valentine's Day was fun too! We woke up early and headed to Golden Corral (stop laughing). I haven't been to a buffet type restaurant in years but my Steve has been asking to go to Golden Corral for a long time now so I gave in and off we went. Oddly enough, the last time he asked to go I said no and it burned to the ground that weekend. I had always secretly hoped they wouldn't rebuild it so I wouldn't have to go but it's baaack.
The food wasn't very good which hey I didn't expect it be but there was definitely some good people watching to be done. Let's just say it brings a whole new meaning to "Bigger, better Burlington" when you are in that restaurant :)
We spent the rest of the day delivering my grandmother her flowers from my grandfather for Valentine's day and spent some time with them. We did a little shopping at Friendly and I scored a cute shirt and pair of shoes for $20 total at Belk and DSW. Steve got two new shirts and two pairs of shoes (not nearly as budget friendly).
Finally, we headed home so I could eat and nap while Steve took Tonka to get some exercise before the two of us went out to a MD benefit at Kress.
This was totally the highlight of the whole weekend! I got to introduce Steve to some of my favorite JLG ladies, eat good food, and just relax all for a good cause. My dearest Julie has pictures but I don't have them yet. I'll post as soon as I do.
Today we are just lounging around watching the Daytona 500 (him) and relaxing (me). Actually, as I blog he is out washing and waxing my car while the pot roast we bought this morning cooks.
Overall, it was a great Valentine's Day weekend!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment