How far along? 23 weeks (tomorrow)!
Total weight gain/loss: At my last appointment I was up a total of 7 pounds. I've found that I have ridiculous cravings for ice cream, chocolate, chicken wings (random yes but this is by far the strongest one), and caffeine (which is limited).
Maternity clothes? Still the same situation as last week. On another related note though I want to say thank you to the many, many generous moms who have been willing to share their maternity clothes. In my closet right now there are a ridiculous amount of really cute clothes just waiting for me to get fat enough to wear them. See there is a good reason for the ice cream :)
Stretch marks? There are some but not on my belly thankfully :)
Sleep: Not going so well. Not so much because of the pain, stuffy nose, peeing, etc. Nope. This week a new addition has appeared. I'm assuming because of everything going on that my mind is races at night. During the day I guess I have more control over my thoughts but at night my mind just lets loose.
Best moment this week: Getting books to read to Megan Grace. It's going to be so much fun!
Movement: She is moving quite a bit today. Fun!
Gender: Our little girl, Megan Grace.
Labor Signs: No, thank God.
Belly Button in or out? Still in
What I miss: Not being thirsty all.the.time and drinking as much caffeine as I want.
What I am looking forward to: Buying the blocks for my maternity pictures and finding Megan Grace a nice soft Minky blanket.
Weekly Wisdom: Try and enjoy each day of your pregnancy, children, life etc. because you never know what tomorrow holds.
Milestones: Making it to 23 weeks with my little girl just rolling around in there :)
P.S. I'm adding pictures of weeks 2o, 21, and 23 tomorrow so stay tuned :)
Garlic herb salmon
1 week ago
1 comments:
Hey Miche!
I just read your reply to my post on www.evans-story.blogspot.com. I would love to speak with you. I a very sorry to hear your diagnosis and I am one person who can honestly say I know exactly how you feel (although I wasn't carrying the child....I'm sure that adds a very different perspective).
Was your diagnosis SRPS? Who gave it to you? Have you talked to Dr. Krakow out at Cedar Sinai in LA? I also contacted John Hopkins and they referred me right back to Krakow. I have spoken with a few other places since you said they would have done the same thing.
She knows what she's doing. HOWEVER, it is VERY hard to diagnose through ultrasound. They are wrong sometimes. Unless you had an amnio and they confirmed it through genetic testing I would not give up all hope. I didn't allow myself to have hope and I regret it.
Here is another blog about people that were told the same thing and their child has the most common form of SD - achondroplasia!!!!
http://www.howlifeismeasured.blogspot.com.
My wife, Erin, almost went into labor when she was about as far along as you were. She had contractions all the time. Very weird. She got over those and we induced a month early. Try to take it easy and please don't give up all hope.
Please e-mail me here (EGL2004@GMAIL.com) and we can talk more!
Take care,
Eric
Post a Comment