CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sentimental

I'm one of these people. The other day I was reading a blog post on another blog and the topic was Your Most Prized Possessions. The answers surprised me because I have a ton of stuff that is sentimental to me and most people only had a few things. I'll have to do a special post on this some day because this list is incredibly long.

Preparing for the arrival of our daughter has not changed that at all. Literally everything we have for her once she arrives was made by someone, sent by someone, etc. and all of these people have touched our lives in some way, shape, or form. In the past, I have posted pictures of many of these things and so today I bring you more of these special things.



This is a preemie outfit I found for her at Carters. See the tiny little shirt with the little lamb on it? Don't you think it goes perfect for the little lamb I bought for her?




The story of this blanket just warms my heart. Yesterday, my grandparents came over for dinner. When my grandmother walked in she had a gift which I assumed was for Megan Grace and I was correct. This is what was in the box.
A lady I grew up going to "Ladies Lunches" with along with my grandmother and her friends made this for Megan Grace. The thing is the lady was already making it before we found out Megan Grace was very sick.
See the angel? Could it be more fitting? I think not.

Then there is this book which also arrived with some very special friends from the beautiful island of St. Thomas. Our wedding planner and her wonderful family sent this for us to read to Megan Grace along with two seahorse charms (not pictured).
Our wedding was one of the best days of my life shared with very few people in a gorgeous location. They wanted us to have this to share that day with Megan Grace during her short time with us along with a very humorous story about the day itself that I have never shared here involving iguanas :) One day I'll get around to posting about that as well.
I'm going to get something to put the charms on shortly so I will be sure and take pictures to post once I do. There is one for me and one for Megan. I'll probably get a small bracelet or something for Megan's and keep it with all her other jewelry once she is gone.
Finally, one of the Mother's Day gifts I received this year. This special momento was sent to me by a friend of Steve's whom I've actually never met. I've met her husband, seen pictures, of her kids, but we have never met in person. Funny though, because this lovely lady is someone my husband has always spoken highly of through the years I've known him and it was not until recently I discovered her birthday is the day after mine. No wonder they got along so well :)
The card that was sent along with this made me cry just a little but it was one of the only gifts I received for Mother's Day this year and it could not have been more appropriate. It has a special place in my china cabinet amongst the china so I see it each time I walk by.
All of these things mean so much to us now and will for years to come. Each of these gifts have a story and were sent out of love for our family. We appreciate each of them. Thank you!
So, I have a lot of posts brewing just because of this one:
  • The story of our wedding day
  • Pictures of the seahorses
  • A post about my other Mother's Day gift which also includes more pictures of special things made for our family.
  • Things that are sentimental to me.
  • Picture of the adorable little hat made by a friend of mine for Megan Grace

Wow! It appears I should get to writing :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE the blanket...LOVE it.

melissa said...

The pink jammies are soooo cute!! You picked the perfect thing out for baby Megan Grace.