The sun came up this morning and immediately as I opened my eyes I thought of you and wondered what you were doing in Heaven today. Daddy was in bed beside me and I just imagined the three of us cuddling together on what would have been our first morning home together only you aren't here. You are in a much better place however on days like today I just want to snuggle with you.
Since I couldn't hold you close this morning I went to your room and sat amongst your things. Your pictures are there and I just sit in amazement about how beautiful you are. Daddy and I are so proud to have brought such a strong, beautiful little girl into this world. The first time I saw you I was just overcome with this overwhelming feeling of pride. We are so proud of you.
Some people wouldn't agree but we still think you beat the odds. As the days came to a close, we were constantly told you might not survive to be born yet you were. It was one of my final requests. One of my other final requests was for Daddy to feel you move while you were in my belly and that prayer was answered not once but twice. He would not trade those moments for anything in the world and neither would I.
We both told you over and over again as we held you close that we did everything we could to make your stay here with us the best we could and we did. The love we have for you is one we share. It will never go away. We both take comfort in knowing you are completely healed now and are probably dancing with the other angels. Thinking of you smiling and dancing while watching over us is such a warm feeling.
We are proud of you Megan Grace. The love we have for you will never cease. Thank you for being part of our lives for the short time we were graced with your presence. It is a time in our life we will both cherish forever and never forget.
Love,
Mommy, Daddy, and Your Big Brother Tonka
Jalapeño peanut butter quesadilla
2 weeks ago
6 comments:
I am sorry that Megan Grace is no longer here physically for you to hold. But, she is definitely here with you.
Praying for you and your husbands heart today
I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort that Megan Grace is in Heaven and that one day you will see her again. My heart and prayers are with you.
Lifting you and your hubby up in prayer.
-Lora
I know Megan is watching over you and feels your love. Hang in there friend. {{{HUGS}}}
How beautiful your daughter is! I'm crying, reading your letter to Megan. Just know she's up in heaven, in good company, waiting for the day you join her there.
Post a Comment