How are we doing?
We are doing much better than most people would expect us to be doing at this point. Sure there is not much time that passes each day where we are not thinking of our sweet little Megan Grace but that is fine with us. Our goal is not to forget her beautiful face or the joy she brought to our lives. In fact, I hope I never forget any of the memories we made as a family during her short time with us.
Most people who have not been here and do not know how this feels would probably expect that we spent a lot of time being sad, crying, etc. So far this has not been the case. This is not to say I do not totally lose it sometimes when the pain is so bad it is difficult to breathe or I do not get a little teary when something catches me off guard. It happens and will for years to come. This too we have to to accept as our "new normal".
This probably has a lot to do with the fact that we have known about this since March 13, 2009. We had time to accept she would not be raised by us but by God instead.
It also has a lot to do with the fact that with the help of others, we have managed to find some very special ways to preserve her memory. I'm still trying to figure out how to appropriately thank these people because what they have done to help us remember Megan Grace is something we will never truly be able to say thank you for no matter how many times we try. This was and still is very important to us.
Through this we have also been held up by our faith and through the hundreds if not thousands of people who have reached our in some form or fashion. The food, flowers, cards, phone calls, and emails have been amazing! It truly is a great feeling to know we have so many people thinking and praying for us during this difficult time. I've tried to thank each of your personally and let you know how much we appreciate it. If for some reason I missed someone please know that even the smallest things did not go unnoticed. Thank you!
Jalapeño peanut butter quesadilla
2 weeks ago
7 comments:
I hope you are looking forward to some of that fun that you posted about earlier. I can imagine Megan Grace giggling as she watches you having such a good time, still showing her all the things you wanted to share with her. I hope you have a wonderful summer, because I think Megan Grace would want you to. : )
What a nice update! Im so glad the 2 of you are still staying so positive. While I cnat imagine how hard it is I am still in amazement at your strength. I continue to pray and hope that you both bring home that precious baby one day.
Hugs!
I am just finding out about your story and I will pray for you and your family. I cannot say that I know how you are feeling and really never want to find out but I do hope that you remember and cherish all the wonderful thing about little Megan Grace.
I have been thinking about you. My mom asked about you this weekend because I had told her about you, so I showed her your blog. She saw Megan's picture and said, "Beautiful, just beautiful". You have been on my mind a lot since I haven't been around to email with you. I'm so glad to read this update and know that things are ok. Love ya!
I just wanted to say you are loved by this stranger and sister in Christ.
It is so great to hear that your heart are at peace with God's plan for Megan Grace's life. Our baby girl would have been 14 months old and I still loose it sometimes when I get caught off guard- always the moments you don't expect. Still praying for your family!!
Hey Amber and Steve~
I just wanted to let you know that you both have been in my thoughts! I couldn't be happier to see that you are doing well...you really do have amazing strength! Take care!
Post a Comment