CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

7 Months Ago and an Observation

While driving in to work this morning (to which I arrived on time by the way) I was taking in the sunrise. It really was beautiful this morning!

Then it dawned on me......

7 months ago today was MG's birthday. To be honest, it seems like a life time ago and yesterday all at the same time.

The pain is definitely not as fresh nor as painful as it once was. This occurred to me one day recently while driving to work and while I did not realize it at the time I really have turned a corner in this whole process of grieving.

This is a good thing. I'm totally fine with never going back there ever again. There were some bad days in those first six months. Hormones + Grieving is like a ticket to you know where......

To be honest, I have no idea what happened because in my opinion I think I should still be very much in that painful place at this point but I'm just not.

It seems like the pain left about the same time my grandfather did. To me that makes no logical sense. In my mind, logic says when he left the pain should have doubled. Emotionally it seems the opposite occurred.

This whole post is not to say it does not take my breath that both her and my grandfather are gone at times. It does. This morning was a perfect example. It takes me a minute to cruise back to reality once I realize one of these milestones.

Today alone it has happened twice but I'm still standing. I'm standing much taller and stronger than I'd thought I'd be at this point. Hopefully MG is proud of her Mommy today :)

And that observation is going to have to be my next post.

6 comments:

The E Family said...

She is beyond proud of you, Amber. You amaze me all the time. This entry made me happy. May the love and beauty she brought to this world continue to heal you.

jeanna said...

A~your strength gives me hope as our situations are very similar and yet so different. I hope that when I reach 7 months I will have your strength and outlook on life. I wish you the best and look forward toward your observation..have a great weekend in the SNOW!!
love, j
BTW: i firmly believe MG is proud of her wonderful mommy.

Ali said...

She is definitely so proud of her mommy!!! It's so strange...in the beginning it seems like the hell will never leave...much less lessen! But, as time marches on it brings healing and hope. Never forgotten, but, we are able to handle things differently.

I hope you enjoy the snow our angels are bringing us tonight :)

Ashley said...

Without a doubt Megan Grace IS proud of you. We all are!

Meg said...

She is very proud of you Amber! ALl of us are!

Jules said...

She most definitely is proud of you and loves you so much.