CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

The other morning as I was driving to work, I began contemplating this Mother's Day.

Last year, I vividly remember standing in church with tears streaming down my face. Megan Grace was still here with us yet we knew it would be the only Mother's Day we would share with her on this side of Heaven.

This year is again very different. As I ponder Mother's Day this year, I teeter between longing for the daughter who is not here with us while holding out hope for the daughter we are expecting later this year.

Such a twisted ball of emotions all being housed within my heart and soul. Through the coming years I am sure I will continue to figure out how to reconcile these feelings for now though they kind of just reside as polar opposites forever playing a game of mental tug of war.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful Mother's out there especially the ones who woke up as I did this morning trying to balance such opposing feelings.

1 comments:

Erica said...

Hello,

This is highly unlike me, given that I don't usually use Blogspot as a means of communication, and also, that I don't know you.

I came across your blog when I did a google search for something random and ended up here. I read your story about your precious little angel and even as a stranger, it brought tears to my eyes. She was beautiful. I'm glad you were able to get some photos to remember her.

One of the hardest yet most fulfilling parts of my job when I was a photographer was the sessions I did pro-bono for moms of terminally ill children, knowing that the photos we created together were going to be so much more special than what was produced from my standard paid session.

I'm sorry for what you have endured, and can only hope that the passing of time has helped to mend your heart.

Sincerely,

Erica