I want to offer a warm hello to those of you stopping by from Kelly's Korner. This is obviously a topic near and dear to many of you so I'll give you a bit of background on our story while you are here.
The story of our dear Megan Grace is actually a timely one for today since we will be presenting a scholarship in her memory for the 3rd time tomorrow!
Megan Grace was born and passed away on 06/29/2009. We learned at 20 weeks that we were having a little girl however she would not be with us long once she was born.
4 weeks later in a dark ultrasound room at Johns Hopkins, we learned that it was Osteogenesis Imperfecta Type 2 that would ultimately claim her life.
With a diagnosis firmly in hand we traveled home to prepare for the remainder of the time we had with our daughter here on Earth.
She was born at 35 weeks and lived physically only a matter of minutes. We miss her every day!
As a way to remember her and create something positive from her short life, we established a scholarship at my alma mater. Each year, we travel there to present it to a very deserving student.
Also, as you can see she also now has a little sister that we love dearly. One day when she is older, we will share the story of Megan Grace with her.
If you want to read more about Megan Grace, the blog lets you search by tagged posts and they should all pop up under the tag Megan Grace.
Thanks for stopping by!
Garlic herb salmon
1 week ago
2 comments:
I'm so sorry about Megan Grace. Her name is beautiful! And I love how you're honoring her :)
I miss you! I've followed you since before Megan Grace was born. I hope you're OK!
Post a Comment